Stickhandling Series - Toe Drag with Backhand flip with Attack Triangle
This is Drill #15 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Utilize your Attack Triangle with this fun and challenging drill. Develop your backhand movement with the puck. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Using the HockeyShot Attack Triangle Pro, begin this drill a little bit off center, with an extended reach on your forehand. Roll your top wrist so that the toe of the blade is pointed to the floor
Use a "J" shape motion and roll your top wrist so you can catch the puck/ball with your blade in a square position on the floor. Then move the puck/ball on front of your body on your back hand and flip it over the attack triangle blade. Be sure to keep your bottom hand loose, allowing the shaft of your stick to slide up while you pull the puck back toward the side of your body.
- Flexible rolling action with your top wrist
- Keep your bottom hand loose on the shaft
- Use a "J" shape motion pattern
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on the center of your blade
- Blade positioned with a open face (like a golf wedge) on your backhand to pop the puck/ball
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck