Stickhandling Series - 3 Puck Stickhandling
This is Drill #5 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Create good stickhandling habits when you work on this drill. Be creative using different patterns. View the video and follow the techniques below.
For this drill you will use the same hockey and hand position as you did in the basic stick handling drill. Place 3 pucks in a triangle shape about 1 foot apart. Be creative and stick handle through all 3 pucks using different patterns and various stick handling skills.
Execute these skills by rolling your wrists and cupping the puck on your forehand and backhand. Extend your reach from side to side and forward to back by keeping your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip on the shaft.
- Flexible rolling action with your top wrist to cup the puck
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on the center of your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck