Stickhandling Series - Passing Puck Through Feet
This is Drill #9 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Create good stickhandling habits when you work on this drill. This is a drill you can create with just a puck and your stick. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Start in the basic stickhandling position and move the puck laterally besides your body. Then extended your reach a bit further behind and use the toe of your blade to pull the puck back in between your feet where you will kick it back to your stick blade.
- Be comfortable stick handling laterally
- Flexible rolling action with your top wrist to pull the puck
- Rotate your upper body
- Use the toe of your blade to pull puck back
- You can use a staggered stance
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck